THE MUMBAI LOCAL TRAIN!!

The Mumbai local train!!




I am travelling,
In the Mumbai local train,
I see some smiling,
I see some in pain,

I see some,
Listening to many a song,
I see some,
Standing at the door, doing acts wrong,

I see a few texting,
Or talking on the phone or with others,
That too in hushed whispers,
Those are the ones I see smiling,

I see a few,
Engrossed in their newspaper,
Some look out too,
Staring blankly or admiring nature,

At times, I have seen vendors,
Trying to earn their daily bread,
I have also seen filthy beggars,
Pestering, as "get lost" to them, people have said,

I have seen men cursing,
Or women quarreling,
I have seen children crying,
And even lovers canoodling,

A train journey,
Is sadly considered boring,
But that’s never felt by me,
As I feel, it’s truly exciting,

I have many memories,
As often I feel nostalgic,
And I try to recollect those experiences,
Although a few even make me sick,

No doubt I hate trains crowded,
But even in those moments resentful,
I think about the childhood days blissful,
When for fun, the trains’ bogies I counted,

It’s been years;  my life has changed,
But one thing hasn’t changed,
It’s the Mumbai local train,
As here I am, glad to be travelling in it, yet again………

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!