GONE FOREVER!!




I had the best time with them,
Yet a fateful day came,
When I just let them drift apart,
And I didn’t feel any pain,
In my callous heart,
As all the memories were washed,
Our friendship was squashed,
In one gush of rain,

Life without them,
Felt just the same,
I didn’t miss the times we spent,
Each time we met,
Playing cricket at my place,
Hurtling swears at each other ’s face,
I didn’t miss my friends,
As I just didn’t care about making amends,

I let my friends go,
All because of my gargantuan ego,
I didn’t run after them,
I didn’t try to stop them,
I had the best time with them,
Yet all I did was hurt them,
Now they are gone forever,
And now I regret,I won’t see them ever,

I see youngsters eating, laughing, enjoying,
They feel so happy together,
I watch them and feel so sad,
I wonder,  how could I be so bad,
I forgot the eternal saying,
Friends are for ever,
Alas, now it’s too late, it’s all over,
My friends are gone forever…………

Comments

Post a Comment

Your precious suggestions::

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!