STRANDED!!


Stranded!!

I am stranded in the rain,
Waiting for the coveted train,
None appears in my sight,
Increasing the intensity of my plight,

Helpless on the station as I sit,
By the passing minute,
I see the town getting waterlogged,
And yet again, I curse the rain-God,

The situation is intimidating,
It’s so damn frustrating,
I am irritated and angry,
Also immensely thirsty and hungry,

Finally a train arrives,
After what seemed like ages,
To get into it, I rushed,
Only to get squashed and crushed,

My anxiety for a moment grew,
But I managed to scamper through,
Luckily I got a seat,
To me, that was an extra-ordinary feat,

Through the window I looked here and there,
Only to see knee-deep water everywhere,
On troubled pedestrians my eyes I laid,
And unconsciously for everyone’s safety I prayed,

When shall I reach home,
In despair, I cry and moan,
I get three calls from my poor mother,
Only to bear the brunt of my acrid temper,

I feel I have described my journey enough,
And now it feels great to be out of the situation rough,
I reached home, totally exhausted,
And indeed, relieved that the day had finally ended……

Comments

  1. Ur poem aptly depicts the common man.
    It shows how our system works leavin us frustated
    nice 1.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx man..this poem came straight from my heart..that what makes it so special!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your precious suggestions::

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!