WISTFUL LONGING!!


Wistful longing!!

This poem is dedicated to all my college friends..thanks for everything!!
  
Today, as I woke up, I realized it’s the last year,
That I’ll be spending,
With all my friends dear,
And my heart’s filled with a wistful longing,

My mind somehow starts envisaging,
One year from now, a day,
When it would be the time of parting,
And that’s when; to them I’ll say,

“Now each of you is here,
By my side, elated; on the contrary, I moan,
Coz I realize, we won’t be together,
Henceforth, and I’ll be all alone,

Without you, my lovely friends,
There will be a gap wide,
It seems, here our friendship ends,
And my tears won’t stop however hard I tried,

But one thing I know, although we’d be miles,
Away from each other,
The memories, the smiles,
The magical moments will remain forever,

The movies we watched I'll always remember,,
We went to the amusement park together,
We cut innumerable birthday cakes, we walked in the rain,
And I’ll always wish we could live those moments again,

Parting with you would be a huge loss,
I’ll be nostalgic about the glorious past,
But I also know, someday our paths will cross,
And our friendship will forever last,

In hope and optimism, I’ll be living,
Waiting for that re-union, that fine day,
My heart’s now filled with a wistful longing,
Wish we would meet again someday……………………….”

Comments

  1. Wow.. happened to hop on ur blog....beautiful poems... read a few :)

    this one reminded me of my coll days and my frds ...those were the best times of our life's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I read this poem, very well written, enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your precious suggestions::

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!