THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS!!


The pursuit of happiness!!


I see a picture from my childhood,
I am smiling, I look happy,
Then I look into the mirror instinctively,
And it dawned upon me; everything I understood,

My eyes looked red and puffy,
My face has lost its glow,
My smooth, flawless skin too, did go,
And it happened ‘coz I stopped being happy,

There was a time in the glorious past,
When I could giggle for many an hour,
When my heart was free, gliding afar,
And it makes me wonder, why didn’t it last,

My priorities changed, I entrenched myself into work,
I ignored my supportive family, my adorable friends,
Now I am alone, it’s too late to make amends,
I don’t have a life anymore, what I had has gone berserk,

I am in a perpetual state of melancholy and sadness,
To the blissful days, i want to turn back the clock,
Within me, I badly wish to lock,
That desirable, yet evanescent feeling of true happiness………

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!