THE SURPRISE!!


The surprise!!


Many times I had been alone,
But never felt so lonely before,
That too, on my twenty-first birthday,
A day I had been dreaming of, since yore,

My family was not in town,
None of my friends had wished me at midnight,
The clock ticked two, and I thought,
It’s better to catch some sleep light,

My eyes had barely closed,
When I heard a knock on the door,
I smiled, I wished, I prayed,
For a surprise in store,

I rushed madly to open it,
Only to find no one outside,
Crestfallen, I felt, and shattered too,
But just when I was about to go inside,

My eyes noticed a note lying,
It said, come to the garden a block away,
I put on my slippers and ran,
My heart was leaping, in joy it did sway,

I had been waiting for a surprise,
And now my excitement grew tenfold,
It was pitch dark; I saw a few shadows in the garden,
One grabbed me, other gagged me and I was blindfold,

I was put in the car, and none spoke a word,
And that’s when I started wondering,
I wasn’t quite sure they were my friends,
I was tense, I began palpitating,

The car moved for eternity,
Not a word was said,
I was now sure I was being kidnapped,
And to escape, I began devising plans, in my head,

Subconsciously I started murmuring a prayer,
And that’s when a faint chuckle I heard,
They untied me, removed my blindfold,
And I saw them, my best friends, my herd,

I have seen countless birthday surprises,
But none so adventurous as this,
It turned out to be quite a night,
A night, one just couldn’t miss…………


   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!