LEFT AT THE ALTAR!!


Left at the altar!!
  
The poem has a female narrator…

This was supposed to be,
The best day of my life,
I was going to be,
Someone’s life partner; a wife,

Since years I had envisaged this,
The marriage vows, the hallowed kiss,
My dream was about to be fulfilled,
I felt elated, overjoyed, thrilled,

The music was being played,
Merry, in the background,
Friends and family had assembled,
About a hundred did hound,

I had got into my bridal dress,
About to walk the path divine,
When i heard news that brought me distress,
My groom had ran off with a maid of mine,

I had seen it in movies,
I didn’t know it could happen for real,
Down the drain went all my future memories,
I realized, happiness is an illusion; only pain is real,

How could I be so unlucky,
What wrong had I done to deserve this mess,
He was my prince, truly,
Yet he left me lurching in darkness,

None can fathom the extent of my pain,
As all my days keep passing by, in vain.
He was my soul mate, I always knew,
Now I wonder, was his love ever true,

Why did he do this, I do not know,
Will I be able to stop crying, I do not know,
But one thing I do know, and it’s true,
Men seek just your body; they don’t care for you…………

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!