A DAY I'D ALWAYS REMEMBER!!


A day I’d always remember!!

Rain, at times causes trouble,

To many a commuter,

But that day, my joy grew double,

Yeah, it was a day I’d always remember,


I was travelling back home,

From college, seated in a train,

Listening to my I-pod, all alone,

I was looking out, cursing the incessant rain,


In the same compartment,

Was a girl of about twenty,

And that’s how I first met,

The epitome of beauty,


I wanted to talk to her,

But,I didn’t have the pluck,

I prayed to god, as I glanced at her,

Give me one chance, and some luck,


I saw flashes of lightning,

I heard a roar of thunder,

And I got this weird feeling,

Yeah, God had heard my prayer,


The train abruptly stopped,

She turned pale fast,

Across the compartment I walked,

Don’t worry,I said, the phase will soon be past,


She didn’t seem perturbed,

Talking to a complete stranger,

I patted my back, my charm had worked,

As I wished the moment to last forever,


I was pleased, I was happy,

This was what I wanted,

She seemed to enjoy my company,

As, for the rain to abate, we waited,


Two hours later, the train began moving,

Soon it was time to part,

As I felt a strange feeling,

A pang of sadness in my heart,


It’s been one complete year,

She’s my girlfriend today,

That was a day I’d always remember,

When at last, things had begun to go my way…………

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!