APPREHENSIVE!!


Apprehensive!!


A poem that describes the frame of mind of most CAT aspirants…!!

I have many dreams and I constantly desire,
To be a part of the hallowed elite,
To carve a niche for myself,
To keep getting better; to keep flying higher,

But as the day keeps getting nearer,
My heart’s filled with a thousand apprehensions,
I don’t seem to have any idea,
Of what is going to happen further,

I know this is going to be a gargantuan test,
Of my perseverance and endurance,
There are times I feel like quitting,
But I can’t; I want to win against the very best,

There are times my mind doubts itself,
It wonders if it can handle,
Such intense and sustained pressure,
Which can even lead to destruction of the self,

God, give me the strength; today I bow before thee,
I don’t know a single hymn or prayer,
Neither do I regularly visit the temple,
But in these testing times, please stick with me,

I’ll put in the efforts and leave the rest,
To you, for you are omniscient and all mighty,
Help me get rid of the apprehensions and fears,
And make me believe that you have stored for me, the best………………

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

DRAVID: THE UNSUNG HERO!!