A POEM OF REMORSE!!


A poem of remorse!!

You must have obviously dreamt,
Of giving birth to a child,
Obedient, caring, adorable,
Who will make your life memorable,

You must have prayed for a child,
Who will never hurt you,
Who will care for you always,
Who will be there with you always,

But as I look at myself, at my life,
I realize I have been a disgrace,
A wild brat, whom none could tame,
One who has always brought you shame,

You must have had big dreams for me,
But I faltered time and again,
I misused your trust, your love, and freedom,
As all I gave you was irritation and boredom,

I hurt you a lot, I know,
I have been the worst son, i am aware,
Uncaring, selfish, utterly obstinate,
But I repent all that I have done; I hope it’s not too late,

Mom, I am sorry for all my past sins,
For every single time that,
I was rude to you, told you countless lies,
And so often brought tears to your eyes,

I know my sins are unpardonable,
But someday I wish you would forgive me,
My heart’s filled with remorse and, today,
I vehemently proclaim, I’d henceforth be there for you, come what may………………

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!