LET US HAVE A BABY!!

Let us have a baby!!

In the park, a child in a pram was giggling,
The kids nearby were leaping and frolicking,
I exchanged glances with my wife,
And said, let’s add colour to our life,

So honey, let us have a baby,
 My words must have made her happy,
Coz she suddenly hugged me tightly,
And with joy, her eyes shone brightly,

 My mind was filled with apprehensions,
It had innumerable inhibitions,
I knew my wife would be a perfect mother,
But that moment,  I wondered, would I be a good father,

Countless thoughts flew in my head,
So casually about having a baby I had said,
Yet my mind was confused truly,
I knew the future would be hectic, undoubtedly,

The pregnancy period is tough, I know,
And during labour the pain that she will have to undergo,
I got scared merely visualizing,
Should I have not uttered those words, I began thinking,

For a moment, I closed my eyes,
I saw my newborn child’s face;  my life would be paradise,
He was smiling, he wanted me to hold,
Him and sway him in the air, to me, his eyes told,

And I thought, soon he’ll learn to walk,
He’ll learn to laugh, to talk,
Within no time, he’ll be going to school,
And to him, I’ll be the ideal “daddy cool”,

That’s when I let go of all the existing fears,
I felt like a parent already, I was in tears,
The anticipation of a baby was overwhelming,
It was a day, from now on,I’ll be awaiting,

I may have made people smile a thousand time,
With my sweet words, in my lifetime,
Yet the words I said today, to my wife,
Would remain the best ones I’ve uttered in my life………… 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!