LOOKING AHEAD!!


Looking ahead!!

Rejection is a part of life !!..this poem describes the story of a guy who proposed and got rejected...You might call it a sequel to the poem "proposal" listed below.



It had to end someday,
I didn’t know it would end this way,
Now I have to look ahead,
Where there lies a paradise,
On every future step I’ll tread,

It does feel a bit different,
I don’t know how, but,
I feel a bit relaxed,
Not at all hurt, as I had expected,
Not at all awkward,

All things have to end someday,
Coz only few things go our way,
I am relieved really,
That the heartbreak happened so smoothly,
Without any tear or an unwarranted display of anger,

A backlash from her,
I was expecting and fearing,
I dreaded a hostile reaction,
It’s indeed a blessing,
She turned out to be such a practical person,

Now I don’t feel restless anymore,
Waiting for her calls, emails or messages,
Life tests us daily; it teaches us incessantly,
Everything happens for the better,
It’s good this happened sooner rather than later,

My life hasn’t changed,
My friendship with her hasn’t damaged,
It has only become stronger,
I have moved on; looked ahead,
Envisioning paradise on every future step I’ll tread……

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!