TO MY FIRST LOVE!!

To my first love!!


It’s been more than one year,
Since I have written a poem for you,
It feels weird now, but I wanted to,
Write one, coz it’s your twenty-first birthday,

I know birthdays don’t excite you,
And that has perplexed me since long,
As I perpetually wonder why the birthday song,
Just doesn’t bring on a smile to your face,

I want to change that,
I really do; hence I am writing this,
For you, for our friendship, for the memories,
And also for my dreams that couldn’t become a reality,

Ever since I first saw you in college,
I was infatuated by your beauty,
But I fell in love with you only,
When I saw the angelic side of you,

For me, you were the epitome of beauty,
Your eyes, your smile, your grace,
I could have spent years gazing at your face,
And I had truly given my soul to you,

I vividly remember the smile I got,
When you complimented the poems I wrote for you,
And I started dreaming about you,
Every moment, every day,

But then a fateful day came when you said,
That you didn’t have feelings for me,
It hurt me initially, but then you helped me,
Move on, as a true friend,

The barriers were broken, the awkwardness disappeared,
As we saw our friendship blossoming,
It was love I had till then kept seeking,
But this was as memorable as the dreams I had,

Today to you I wish to say,
I may not have ended up being your boyfriend,
But in you, I have found my sweetest friend,
And I’d always be there for you; anytime, anywhere……………….

p.s- Happy Birthday!! God bless you!! 

Comments

  1. "I was infatuated by your beauty,
    But I fell in love with you only,"

    kinda ironic and contradictory;

    "When I saw the angelic side of you"
    does she hv a devilic side too? :P

    "the awkwardness disappeared,"
    oh !! really !!!is that so???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey prashant... well u haven't met her... u didn't know me that well 18 months ago... so it isnt right of you to comment on my first love...

    p.s- sorry if i am being blunt.. i love reading your comments and want yout o comment on each of my poems..

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i dont need to; and for that matter; u hv not bothered to introduce us

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your precious suggestions::

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!