KICKED OUT!!


Kicked out!!

The poem describes the feelings of a person who was fired from his job recently…

I have been in quite a shock,
For the past couple of days.
I am spending my time,
Trying to retrospect, trying to understand,
How did I get into such a sorry state.
What went wrong with my life,
Where did I lose focus and direction,
And how did my life draw closer,
To such a motionless still state.
And why was I kicked out,
That too, all of a sudden,
I haven’t the faintest idea,
I haven’t the smallest clue...

Now, I keep blaming myself,
For all that has happened.
I am holding myself responsible,
For all the grudges,
People at work held against me,
For all my failures,
For all the battles that I quit midway,
And others that I lost comprehensively.
But I always put in my best efforts.
Then why was I kicked out,
That too, all of a sudden,
I still haven’t the faintest idea,
I still haven’t the faintest clue.

Why did everyone around,
Ditch me all of a sudden.
They expected me to shoulder,
Such a huge burden.
I was given many a mighty task,
That was definitely more than what I could accomplish.
But I tried my best,
Yet, unfortunately, failed their test
Thus, I was kicked out,
That too, all of a sudden,
To sit at home and rest...

I am, rather was,
The only earning member,
Of my family of six.
But circumstances changed so drastically,
And now I am in a total fix,
Also completely worn out,
Both physically and mentally.
I used to laugh mockingly when,
I heard news of people getting fired.
But never did I realize,
That such a thing could happen to me,
That too, all of a sudden.
But now I know how it feels,
To be kicked out.
Yeah, it sure kills!!!!

The classifieds section of the newspapers,
That I had never bothered to check,
Is now my only hope for survival.
I keep praying day and night,
To relieve me from this pain and fright.
Get me a job quickly, please,
Even a meagre salary would suffice.
Show me bright sunshine again,
I shout out loud,
Enough of this dark cloud.
Enough of this rain.
God, somehow please ease this pain.
I am getting awful nightmares of late,
God, please get rid of them soon.
Do something, get me employed,
Coz I have talent, I know.
But one thing I still do not know,
Is that why was I kicked out,
That too, all of a sudden.
But now, I know how it feels,
The pain of being jobless is excruciating,
And yeah, it sure kills!!!!!!............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!