DESERTED!!

Deserted!!

This poem describes the feelings of a guy after he was deserted by his friends…


I always thought friendship was eternal,
But circumstances have made me think otherwise.
Like most other relations in this world,
Even friendship is mortal,
And every happy memory eventually turns into a nightmare.

I haven’t the faintest idea what went wrong,
But I just drifted apart from the rest.
People used to be envy of our group,
And even I was elated to be a member,
Of this eccentric, fun-loving group.

If I knew it had to someday end,
I would have been better prepared.
But it was all so unexpected.
Now, my heart’s bleeding,
But is there any use crying.

All these years, I had this one fear,
I would eventually lose everyone dear.
My phobia has now become a reality,
As I was suddenly shown the door,
Yeah, it’s true; they don’t care for me anymore.

No, I am not contemplating suicide,
But it does matter that my buddies are not by my side.
Without them, I will always feel incomplete.
Their presence had made my life synchronous,
And now it will soon become monotonous.

I do not blame my friends,
For all that has taken place.
I must be responsible for all this fiasco,
I ought to realize this soon,
There must be some truth to their unpleasant allegations.

Yeah, I know I should have been more high-spirited,
And not the silent types, the boring ones.
I should have been more of an extrovert,
But still, they should have understood.
Now, I am truly hurt at being treated like dirt.

I am experiencing an unending wave of sadness,
There’s also developing in me,
A tincture of madness.
All my dreams ended in just one single moment,
As my life gave me yet another irreparable dent.

Life’s such a mighty examination,
Such calamities prove this notion.
I need to look into the future,
Maybe God has better things in store for me.
I have to forget this incident soon,
Coz, after every dark night,
There’s always another day.
I have to keep smiling,
Even though my heart’s crying,
Coz, there’s always a glimmer of hope; a ray,
There’s always a way,
There’s always a way…….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

DRAVID: THE UNSUNG HERO!!