BOWLED OVER!!

Bowled over!!


please note: Unlike my other poems, the poem has a "female" narrator!!

All alone, in a corner I was sitting,
I wanted to swirl and dance,
I was waiting for a prince charming,
Who would endow me with that chance,

Just then, a handsome guy,
Started walking towards me,
Smiling, he asked as he stood by,
Would you like to dance with me?

I blushed, I nodded,
I stood up, and took his hand gently,
He’s so cute, I mentally said,
The night will be perfect truly,

I put my hand on his shoulder,
He put his on my hips,
My inept dancing was a boulder,
But he guided, with his virtuosic tips,

The music was romantic and soothing,
Just being with him seemed special,
He was impeccable in his dancing,
And the night turned into something unbelievable,

In his arms, I found comfort,
As I kept staring as his innocent eyes,
He even lifted me above the ground,
That moment, I saw paradise,

I had never felt so ecstatic before,
That was evident from my facial expression,
Now my heart craves for more,
It’s still playing in the pond of elation,

The dance bowled me over,
It truly transcended me,
He managed to mould and transform me,
Nostalgic I am now, wishing it lasted forever………

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!