EVENING MUSINGS!!

Evening musings!!

It’s one of those rare evenings,
When I have nothing substantial to do,
And I decide to take a walk in this pleasant weather,
Feeling the breeze; staring at the orange evening sun,

I admire the sun as it slowly sets down,
Giving way to a beautiful, starlit night,
And I wonder; sun is the perfect metaphor,
For life, for love, for relationships,

My mind drifts to thoughts of you,
As I begin to relive our journey together,
Yet again, I feel so lucky to have met you,
And honoured to have been cared and loved,

I was lost like a desert traveller when I first met you,
Distressed and lonely; in search of an oasis,
Life seemed tough; it was becoming harder each day,
For I had been heartbroken; and I didn’t want to live,

You understood what I was going through,
You felt my pain, by just looking at my eyes,
You gave me warmth; you gave me strength,
And slowly I began to recover, and start living again,

When you confessed that you loved me,
You knew I wasn’t in love with you back then,
Yet you understood I needed some more time to move on,
And patiently stood by me like a true friend,

Dear, it’s been more than six months,
Since that fateful day when you had proposed,
And today I can confidently say; I have moved on completely,
I love you truly, and I want a life with you,

Sometimes we feel sad that the sun’s setting,
And fail to appreciate the beauty of the moon,
We brood over the past; we whine and fail to enjoy,
The myriad beauties of life, that the present offers,

This evening walk is what I needed,
To gain a better perspective about life,
As I walk back home, I thank God for giving me pain,
For without that, I never would have experienced the joy of living....

Comments

Post a Comment

Your precious suggestions::

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!