THE MUFFLED VOICE!!


The muffled voice!!

Right now, in my Mother’s womb,
Helpless and clueless; I keep crying,
But you can’t see, for you are busy,
Planning my murder; as for justice I keep demanding,

I wanted these nine months to pass soon,
So that I could look at the world beautiful,
To breathe in fresh air, to experience its bounty,
Seldom I knew; to dream of it, I was a big fool,

I wish you could hear me. Dad,
And feel the emotions of your daughter,
I wanted you to be my most favourite person,
Who pampered me endless, and fulfilled my desire,

Mom, how can you do this to me,
Didn’t you love me even a bit, all this while,
I was in your protective shelter,
Perhaps I wrongly felt, my presence made you smile,

Won’t I even get a single opportunity,
To see you, to hug you, to be in your presence,
My parents, to you, I plead; to you, I ask,
Is being of the fairer sex such a big offence,

I wish someone would hear my muffled voice,
Alas, my words would always remain unspoken,
I would soon be brutally slaughtered,
And with utmost care, the crime would be hidden,

Millions like me suffer every day,
Those who survive, die a slow death,
Cursed and tormented for being a woman,
Throughout their lives; till their last breath,

If there’s a God, he will listen to our pleas,
He will save us; he will show us a way,
Helpless I keep crying in my mother’s womb,
Wishing for a miracle, every moment, every day..............

Comments

  1. awesome.. good going Ninad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great style of expressing such a dark topic... great work..
    keep writing poems on such varied topics

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your precious suggestions::

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!