THE CONTRAST!!

The contrast!!

We were much better friends,
Three months ago,
What went wrong then,
Daily I wish to know,

We had promised that,
We would be friends forever,
How could we then drift apart,
Sadly I have no answer,

I admit I did a few things,
That hurt you, that angered you,
Yet how could you forget,
The little, nice things I often did for you,

Our bond was really strong,
And misunderstandings should have made it stronger,
Yet things just kept getting worse,
And before we knew, it was all over,

Is it that you found,
Better friends, more jovial company,
I wonder, is that why,
Nowadays you don’t need me,

I remember when I used to cheer you up,
And it gave me immense contentment,
To later see that cute smile on your face,
But now I miss the smile, the priceless moment,

We were so close, I vividly remember,
If ever I didn’t call you throughout the day,
I used to get your call at night,
Just to make sure I was okay,

But now my phone remains idle,
Whole day, as I keep staring at it,
Anxiously, with the hope that,
Your name will flash on it,

I hate this contrast,
We used to spend hours chatting,
But what’s happening in your life,
Now I barely know anything,

Strange things happen in life,
You were my only true friend,
And that’s why it hurts to know that,
Even this memorable phase had to someday end………………..


Comments

  1. its ironical how harsh experiences of life turn out to be really touching poems..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your precious suggestions::

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

DRAVID: THE UNSUNG HERO!!