YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!


You have enriched my life!!

In an era where happy marriages are an illusion,
In you I see love so untainted, so true,
It is pleasantly surprising and gladdening,
And I feel so lucky to spend my life with you,

The twinkle in your eyes; the caring look on your face,
I see, as I open my eyes every morning,
I feel your soft hands gently stroking my forehead,
The moment is beyond doubt, refreshing,

I feel excited while coming back from work,
Knowing someone’s eagerly waiting for me,
And as we sit and share the day’s happenings,
All my worries vanish; I feel happy and free,

Sweetheart, let me hold you for a moment,
And let all the memories flow,
From the first time we met, the first time we kissed,
To the birth of our children, and seeing them grow,

The times spent with you have been priceless,
And I can’t imagine living even a day without you,
Dear, your smile mesmerizes me even now,
I can spend my whole life merely gazing at you.

I feel like praising you all the time,
For you are a caring mother, an adorable wife,
Perfect in every role you portray,
And so effortlessly, you have enriched my life,

Tonight, I promise I’d stand by you,
Holding your hand till my last breath,
Dear, you have been an immaculate wife,
And I’ll love you always, unto my death......................

Comments

  1. You have written this poem as a dedication from your father to your mother???or as you to your wife??
    its amazing either which way.... too touching..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wrote it keeping in mind, how i would want my life to be twenty-odd years from now... But it's partly inspired from the love my parents have for each other...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope when you look back to your life after 50 years, you feel this poem did not even give 10% justice to the life u experienced...
    May these words prove to be the tip of the iceberg to a wonderful lovely wholesome life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You really are the romantic poet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your precious suggestions::

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!