POEM NO. 225 - UNFULFILLED DESIRES!!


Poem No. 225 – Unfulfilled desires!!


When I set out on this journey,
I believed I could sail through,
Victorious, triumphant I would end up, I thought,
But bitter disappointments are what I mostly got,

I believed my dreams would come true,
My desires will eventually be fulfilled,
However ambitious and big they may be,
Coz I always thought I had the potential in me,

I imagined a life full of joy and luxury,
If I get the things I badly wanted,
But I couldn’t make my dreams a reality,
And now I have realized; some things just aren’t meant to be,

I had hoped I would reach the skies,
Or maybe even higher I wanted to go,
But now as I look back, I ponder,
Am I good enough for my dreams, I wonder,

Why wasn’t I realistic at all, I am thinking,
Why did I dream big in the first place,
 I just couldn’t estimate where I stand,
And now my frustration, very few can understand,

I had high expectations from myself,
But missing was the smartness,
And also maybe the required intellect,
And so I failed; a fact which I now have to accept,

But I do have a good alternative with me,
This rejection is surely not the end,
Maybe life was meant to be this way,
And I can surely try again, another day,

I wonder why we often forget that,
There will always be unfulfilled desires,
In life; and many a lost conquest,
But that shouldn’t ever deter us from living life to the fullest………..


Comments

  1. life gives million reasons to stop wishing or desiring something for urself..
    however,if u really believe in ur dreams,u ought to give them every chance possible.. u just have to fight till the last breath..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your precious suggestions::

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!