BETRAYED!!


Betrayed!!

I have kept one thing a bit unclear as to whom this poem is addressed to… it may be a friend, it may be a colleague or even a teacher or even a mentor…

You won’t ever see me complaining,
You won’t ever see me whining,
You won’t ever see me crying,
But that doesn’t mean,
That I am not feeling,
This sharp pang of pain,
This unending wave of sadness,
A tincture of madness.

I always thought that you were right here,
By my side,
To guide me, to support me,
To pull me out
From manholes, deep and wide
But as always,
My prediction turned out to be wrong,
As you ditched me,
Right at the last moment,
As you betrayed me,
Right at the last moment

I know you have helped me in the past,
But when it mattered the most,
You bothered about me the least.
One thing’s for sure,
You are a savage mongrel,
You are a beast.

Now I know you are feeling guilty,
I can sense this feeling,
You want to repent,
But I don’t give a damn,
Coz you have always treated me like dirt,
Or like the lowermost step,
Of some huge ladder,
And I seriously wish I could break your head,
With some huge boulder

I turned to you for advice,
And you treated me like lice
I turned to you when I was in deep trouble,
But you squashed all my hopes,
I was hanging on to a slim rope,
But instead of helping me survive,
You cut the rope,
And you let me fall.

Now, my mind’s in such a dilemma,
I don’t know whom to trust,
I don’t know whom to turn to,
For help, for guidance, for advice
I never expected,
That I would be betrayed,
That too by a person,
Whom I greatly trusted,
And now, I am spending my time,
Wishing I were happily dead.

Now I do not know what to do,
I feel hurt, I feel crumpled,
I feel distressed, I feel hassled,
I never expected,
That I would be betrayed,
That too by a person,
Whom I greatly trusted,
And now, I am spending my time,
Wishing I were happily dead…..





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!