TO THE BEST MOTHER EVER!!

To the best mother ever!!


I wish I could be beside you right now,
On such a memorable and joyous occasion,
I feel so jealous and so helpless,
Coz I can’t be a part of the celebration,

For a long time, I thought of gifting you something,
But as usual, I ran out of ideas, Mother,
All I can give you is a short poem, just to tell you,
You are special; I am incomplete without you here,

I miss you more than you can imagine,
I miss you much more than I’ll ever show,
I miss you every moment, when I am alone,
I miss you much more than you’ll ever know,

Maybe I didn’t value you much when I was with you,
I kept arguing with you at times, for no reason,
But your absence has made my heart grow fonder,
And I apologize to you, for all my faults, on this occasion,

As I scan my life, backwards,
Remembering countless moments of joy and sorrow,
I see a constant figure in all those moments; that’s you,
And without you, life at times, seems so hollow,

I feel luckiest to have a mother like you,
I miss your unconditional love and care, the most here,
The way you have handled me in every situation,
The way you always kissed away my tear,

You have always taught me to be kind and caring,
You have taught me to be humble and ethical,
I agree, I have made mistakes and hurt quite a few,
But I have always tried to follow your advice valuable,

I don’t know how to express my feelings,
Mother, you have not just given me birth,
You have made me what I am today,
For you have always strived to make my life worth,

Every time I feel depressed henceforth,
I’ll remember your words: Give your best,
The end result doesn’t matter; the efforts do,
As you always say, God will do the rest,

Your optimism and positive attitude makes me brave,
Your unconditional faith in me makes me strong,
I miss you a lot here, Mother,
As for those pats on the forehead and the mouth-watering food I long,

I know I have made a few mistakes at times,
But I promise you, I’ll be a better son from now on,
I am dying to meet you, my adorable Mother,
And I pray these two months would soon be gone,

Your unconditional love has taught me true meaning of love,
You have made sure my wishes never go unheard,
Today, I promise your loving son would never hurt you again,
I won’t break it ever; for it’s you who taught me to keep one’s word............

P.S: Happy Birthday, Aai!!!!!!

Comments

  1. awesome poem... knowing your mother and your bond,i know how happy she must be reading this.. this is the best birthday gift you could give your mother....very nice...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your precious suggestions::

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

DRAVID: THE UNSUNG HERO!!