SOMETIMES!!


Sometimes!!

A poem depicting the grim side of the work-life imbalance

Sometimes I don’t have time for you,
When other important issues encircle my head,
Dilemma my mind faces in such situations,
Sad my heart feels, but it all goes unsaid,

Sometimes I am not there to help you out,
To bring a smile on your face, to wipe your tear,
Helpless I feel, yet I selfishly expect you to understand,
Unconditionally, and every single time you adhere,

It’s been ages since we have gone on a vacation,
Long time since we have carved memories together,
I am fortunate we haven’t distanced away,
Lucky we don’t fight despite not spending time together,

You are the most matured partner I could have asked for,
Who understands my every emotion, every action,
To whom I never need to explain even once,
Who stands by me, like a shadow, in my frustration,

Sometimes I feel I am letting you down,
By not giving our bond the sacrosanct position,
Yet your reassuring gesture asking me to not feel guilty,
It helps me give my work due attention,

Always I feel, our world should be magical,
Romantic, mesmerizing; like the one we sought,
Where my mind is at peace and only you matter,
Alas! Realities are complicated; Utopia, life is certainly not.............

Comments

  1. if u have someone who stands by you no matter what; this term work-life imbalance never arises...
    that someone would keep it maintained for you always

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your precious suggestions::

Popular posts from this blog

TO YOU, MY MOTHER!!

YOU HAVE ENRICHED MY LIFE!!

LOVE:: A JOURNEY!!